The NYU Student Health Center and the Department of Public Safety work closely with program staff to plan for safe, healthy, and enriching opportunities long before you arrive. You will be introduced to many of these services in the months leading up to your program away, while others will be explained in detail during the mandatory on-site orientation.
Get a head start on familiarizing yourself with global health and wellness resources by visiting the NYU Student Health Center website. Click here for information specifically about Washington, D.C. health & wellness.
For information regarding safety and security at NYU Washington, D.C., click here.
Health & Safety FAQs
- Does NYU provide health insurance?
- All students studying in Washington, DC will automatically be enrolled in the NYU- sponsored student health insurance. This coverage will be provided by the University; students will be given the basic plan. Please be sure to review the Student Health Insurance Guide.
- The plan administrator is Consolidated Health Plans (CHP) and the provider network is Multiplan. Additional information can be found on the University’s main Student Health Insurance page.
- What kind of coverage does the NYU Insurance provide?
- For the details on the insurance plan, including medical evacuation, please review the Student Health Insurance Guide.
- I thought the health insurance was free of charge. Why am I seeing a charge for health insurance on my bill?
- There is no charge for the NYU student health coverage we supply to all those attending an NYU study away program.
- If you see a charge for health insurance on your bill, this is for the NYU health insurance applied as if you were taking courses in New York. This charge will be removed automatically from your ebill. Do not waive this insurance through the NYU health insurance system.